I strive to create a comfortable and compassionate relationship where all of you and your experience is welcome to be present, considered and appreciated.
Herbalism is much more complex and nuanced than just matching a specific plant to a specific symptom. I work from a collaborative, trauma-aware, harm-reduction perspective approaching each person uniquely
Everyone has different identities, energy levels, strengths, personal and societal barriers, hang-ups, traumas, histories and present situations which inform and effect one’s abilities and ways of working on personal health.
All consultations are absolutely confidential.
What to Expect in a Session
Consultations are a mash-up of an in-depth interview and a personal teaching lesson. It is the foundation of our work together – the time and place where I get to know you beyond what you share in your health history form. We sip tea (if you like) and explore your present state of being and current health goals. I’ll ask you lots of questions. Please let me know what dynamics and style of working together will be best for you.
You decide what changes you want to work on and the speed and amount you want to take on. Together we explore the things that come up, drawing out and discussing the different possibilities for change-making to find what suits you.
By our first meeting, I’ll have looked over your health history so we can dig right in. The initial is more in-depth than follow-ups – we’ll set goals, talk about barriers and strategies, and discuss the details of a web of mind-body interplay.
- You will leave with an initial set of information and personalized lifestyle/nutritional recommendations that you can begin to work with immediately.
- Within a few days I’ll have your custom herbal tinctures and/or teas formulated and ready for pickup
- The cost of herbs is not included in the initial consultation and can vary anywhere from $40-$100 a month.
- Initial consultations are usually 1.5 to 2.5 hours
While an ongoing relationship is typical, I suggest that you have at least two to three follow-up appointments in the months after your initial consultation. In a follow up we assess progress thus far, and revisit goals (perhaps changing, adding or subtracting). This is to;
- Assure that the herb and lifestyle recommendations are helpful and working for you
- Monitor and adapt to changes and and assure that the most relevant herbs and protocols are included
- Address questions and make adjustments or problem-solve anything that might be difficult for you during this period.
- Follow-ups usually last 1 – 1.5 hours, and are booked for 2-4 weeks after the initial session. They and can be in person (preferred) or over the phone or Skype.
- If needed or desired, you’re encouraged to be in touch between sessions via email to share progress or challenges
How Long Will it Take to See Changes?
There is no standard answer because everyone’s picture of health and personal journey is different. Changes can be fast and they can be slow. It depends on your goals, how long you’ve been dealing with or experiencing something, and the energy and efforts you’re able to commit at the moment and many other factors. Often as original goals are achieved, you may choose to continue to work together on new aspects of health that were not priorities at the start.
I offer consultations in the greater Philadelphia area. Consultations can be held at my apothecary in Belmont, West Philadelphia, as house calls, and at mutually convenient locations such as cafes, libraries, or outdoors. Please let me know of any accessibility needs. I am also available for phone and online video consults via Skype.
Have more questions or want to schedule a 10-minute chat?
email@example.com or call (267) 606-0750